I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 24 April 2020

Spring flowers








It's hard to say what my favourite flowers are; there are so many I appreciate. Tulips, however, have to be near the top of my list, for their wonderful variety of colours, their simple, elegant shape and the way that, even as they fade, they pass through a variety of stages of beauty. I spotted the vibrant red ones naturalised underneath some trees, with some pretty blue scilla in the background. The delicate lemon ones below were in a flowerbed beside the top station of the Glen Tramway. 


 I chanced upon these cowslips too, cheerful yellow with those sweet little red spots at the centre.



6 comments:

  1. I do love discovering wild flowers, sometimes the workmen here plant seeds along the highways and motorways so they flower in Summer, so nice seeing colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I've claimed many different flowers to be my favourites over the years and tulips are surely among them. One of the things I find interesting about reading blogs is seeing how the Spring drifts slowly up the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any tulips out here yet but always look forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauties! They are lovely. In spring to walk along and see flowers makes the day feel like a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing some spring blooms, which sre so few and far between here now. It seems that Spring is staying self-isolated a bit longer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the cowslips. I had no clue about how they looked, even after encountering them in poems and novels and stories about England. Now I do. They're lovely.

    ReplyDelete